Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HSI Hire Announcement!!!!

Two announcements for GS-1811-7/9 should be issued this upcoming Wednesday, March 28th to Friday, March 30th.

One is open to all hopefuls, while the second is female only.

Both announcements will have a cut-off, considering only the first 1,000 applicants.

All applicants determined minimally qualified by OHC, will be referred to the Social Agent Battery test and writing sample.

They're shooting for a May timeframe for testing.

SAC's will be given a list of those who pass the SAB Test/writing sample for their AOR and will conduct resume review and interview panels.

Those selected will receive a tentative select offer and begin clearance process; medical, drug, background, etc.

The below pertains to a direct hire announcement which hasn't been given an announcement date yet.

If you applied and received a tentative select offer pursuant to a GS-1811 entry-level announcement, FY 15 or FY 16 announcement, you are free to apply to subsequent direct hire announcements offering different locations. Example; if you receive a tentative select offer for a new location, like Dallas, prior to entering on duty pursuant to an earlier tentative select offer for a different location, like Nogales, you, the applicant, may accept the new offer and withdraw yourself from consideration pursuant to the earlier selection. HOWEVER the process for you starts over based on the new offer. There is the possibility that valid clearances; drug test, medical, etc, will remain in effect, but must be verified. If an applicants enters on duty, either at the SAC or FLETC, prior to receiving a new tentative offer for a different location, HSI will not entertain realignment of duty locations as the Time on Station policy remains in effect.

If an applicant considers applying to a direct hire announcement for a better location after having received tentative selection offer the applicant must NOT have exceeded the maximum age requirement of 37, at the time the tentative offer is issued (unless the veterans exception applies.)

Applicants will have to determine for themselves their risk tolerance in waiting on the direct hire opportunity for potentially a more desirable location or whether they want to go with the soonest offer.
    Last edited by Big Sexy; 03-26-2018 at 20:22. Reason: Spelling
    It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both. - Niccolo Machiavelli

Most people respect the badge, everybody respects the gun.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. - Colonel Jessup

Any benefits to having a cyber background? E.g. tuition benefits, hiring incentives, etc.? Or maybe assignments once you're one the job?

Quote Originally Posted by mattw94 View Post
    Any benefits to having a cyber background? E.g. tuition benefits, hiring incentives, etc.? Or maybe assignments once you're one the job?
    If you have Security A+ or CISSP the more cyber-aware agencies should key on that. FBI for sure

Thanks for the heads up BIG.

Two quick questions for anyone who may know:

1. Will this post right at midnight?
    3. Will you only be considered for your local HSI office? Or is that just where you interview?

BIG,

The testing in May is tentative? I took the test last year in July and didn't get a passing score. I'm going to reapply again in hopes I can take it again. Do you think OHC would let me take it in July if they give test dates in May?

Any feedback you give would be apperciated.

Best,

Cyber Detective

Latest word as of this evening is that the announcements may be delayed in getting posted. But the update did not sound confident of that. I love my agency, but we just can't get this crap right ever. So, unfortunately, would-be applicants may still want to burn the midnight oil and make sure they don't miss it getting posted tonight. Just don't be shocked if it doesn't show up tonight.

I appreciate the info on the delay, Gracie. I was not as surprised when I searched and the announcement did not appear.

what "midnight" is this ? time zone ? Wash DC ? etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by satpak77 View Post
    what "midnight" is this ? time zone ? Wash DC ? etc ?
    I believe USAJobs uses Eastern Time.

Quote Originally Posted by mattw94 View Post
    See satpak77's answer below. The same would apply for us, HSI.
    It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both. - Niccolo Machiavelli

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. - Colonel Jessup

First, breath. Inhale. Exhale.

Second, don't panic.

Third, "hurry up and wait" and/or "stand by to stand by". (Two terms that should sound familiar to the veterans among us)

As of this morning it appears the announcement, for various reason, will be delayed until a May time frame. Which on the surface may be a tad bit disappointing, but will give those that need it, time to tighten up and update their resumes. Exactly when in May? Your guess is as good as BIG's.

If BIG hears anything different he will let you know.

As always been said here on this forum, in the meantime, keep living your lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwebb514 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up BIG.

Two quick questions for anyone who may know:

1. Will this post right at midnight?
    3. Will you only be considered for your local HSI office? Or is that just where you interview?
    From what BIG understands it, this isn't the gospel or HSI cannon, depending on your experience and abilities you may be considered at the local office. But, keep in mind HQ will be the ultimate determiner on who goes where, based on the needs of the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
    From what BIG understands it, this isn't the gospel or HSI cannon, depending on your experience and abilities you may be considered at the local office. But, keep in mind HQ will be the ultimate determiner on who goes where, based on the needs of the service.
    Ok thanks Big! That makes sense, I'm just still struggling to figure out how this Direct Hire is any different from a normal vacancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie Hart View Post
    Latest word as of this evening is that the announcements may be delayed in getting posted. But the update did not sound confident of that. I love my agency, but we just can't get this crap right ever. So, unfortunately, would-be applicants may still want to burn the midnight oil and make sure they don't miss it getting posted tonight. Just don't be shocked if it doesn't show up tonight.
    HSI has had the challenge of being under competitive service hiring procedures, which makes the agency more reliant on OPM and its processes to get things done. That adds a layer to the process that the other large alphabet agencies don’t have to deal with to get an announcement open or positions filled. The shift to direct hire authority should fix that, eventually, and allow for greater flexibility in hiring from start to finish, but will have growing pains like any new process.

Quote Originally Posted by nsedet View Post
    The shift to direct hire authority should fix that, eventually, and allow for greater flexibility in hiring from start to finish
    Fingers crossed.