Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

What federal law enforcement agencies are unaffected by the shutdown?

I assume the MCIOS are operating as normal is anyone else?

Labor, VA, Defense, Energy, Education, and HHS all have full year appropriations, as does the legislative branch.

As NSEDET said, mostly OIGs. In some of the agencies who have an OIG and an office of criminal investigations, only the OIG is funded. On the HHS said, I have heard from some of their agents that OIG is funded, whereas the 1811s for FDA (which falls under HHS) are not funded. Additional pain will start this week with a lack of court funding. I have no idea what they are going to do about grand juries, search warrants, etc.

USPIS, TIGTA, and Postal OIG are unaffected.

USPS OIG is affected. Support staff, HQ agents, managers and staff, hotline, legal counsel, tech ops officers, computer crimes agents all have been furloughed or working with bare minimum staffing. All travel and training cancelled. Field agents working without pay or ability to take AL or SL. The agency is funded by the USPS, but the budget approval process goes thru OMB and Congress.

Affected "essential employees" (sworn FLEOs) may take SL or emergency AL but it's coded as a non-paid status in combination w/ a furlough agreement letter. The leave is not subtracted upon re-opening w/ full back-pay.
    Stay safe!

FedAgent